Hey Guys! Sorry this post is a couple of days late! I’ve been working a lot and generally have been feeling really stressed and tired. However, I have some great news! My class is over so I have until September to relax! Yay!
June was a crazy busy month for me. I had a class, I had to work 40 plus hours a week, I had a certification exam, and I had several family commitments. I feel like the month went by crazy fast but I really enjoyed myself!
Now let’s move on to my favorites from June! Happy Reading!
1. Royal Blue Nail Polishes: My two favorites are Sinful Colors in Hottie and Sally Hansen’s Hard as Nails in Pacific Blue. Hottie is a sparkly royal blue color which I expected to be just a clear glitter polish. However, I was surprised to find that this polish is a beautiful blue color and isn’t clear at all. I got it at Target and I am super happy with it. Pacific Blue is a color that I bought in the fall but I think it looks even better in the summer with a tan. I love the way it stands out on my nails and it’s really durable.
2. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser: This is my all-time favorite concealer. I love the sponge at the end that helps blend the concealer in. It provides really great coverage without making me look blotchy and terrible. This works really great for under the eye without creasing and it covers stubborn pimples in seconds. I really love this thing!
3. Maybelline Baby Lips in Quenched: I just got my first Baby Lips a couple of weeks ago after hearing so many great reviews about them. My lips are particularly dry in the summer so I was looking for a new chapstick. Target had these on sale for $2 so I went ahead and grabbed one. I am so pleased with the quality! I will definitely be buying more in the future! I can’t wait to try the tinted versions! Anyone else a huge Baby Lips fan?
4. Trader Joe’s Speculoos Cookie Butter: If you have not tried this then go out and buy a jar! This stuff is so yummy and wonderful! I got it last time I went to Trader Joe’s and I cannot stop eating it. It is my go to snack to soothe my sweet tooth. I have nothing but good things to say about this cookie butter. It is so delicious. Do yourself a favor and try it!
5. Peppermint Tea: I drink peppermint tea about once a day. It is tasty and it helps clear my head when I have a migraine or headache. I am currently drinking the Meijer Organics brand but any peppermint tea will do. I love a big, warm mug of tea when I’m feeling blue. I also drink this in the morning instead of coffee. I recommend giving peppermint tea a try if you suffer from headaches or have a hard time waking up in the morning.
6. The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin: So many people recommended this book to me so I finally bought it at Target. I’m only a few chapters into it but I can already feel the impact that it is having on my life. I am trying to slow down and work on things instead of rushing through life. I really love how this book makes you stop and think. The only compliant that I have is that the chapters are super long which just frustrates me for some reason. I’m not done with the book yet, but so far it is a really good summer read!
Well, I hope you guys have enjoyed my favorites from last month! What are your favorites from June? What are you looking forward to in July?