As of today, there is only one month left of my fall semester! I am happy that it’s almost over but anxious because that means I am leaving for London soon and I am not ready. I don’t even know what day I am leaving yet…
But I will trek on. This semester has proven to be difficult in more than one way. I have been stretched to my breaking point on more than one occasion but I am happy to say that I’ve made it through them all. I have been constantly stressed and worried about classes, homework, grades, exams, and work. This has been my first semester living off campus and working full time so my work-school-life balance has been way off.
What I have enjoyed this semester:
- I have officially read my whole Web Applications book for my Computer Information Systems class from cover to cover. I’ve never done that before so I am pretty proud of myself!
- My advanced Economics class is online which has allowed me to take all of the exams online. They are only open for an hour but we have three days to complete them which is really nice because I’m really busy.
- I love my job and the people that I have met through it. I’m enjoying being able to work during the week instead of just weekends this year.
- This semester I have been more social than ever before. Like I said in my last post, I have finally found a great group of “college” friends and it is life changing. I finally fit in somewhere and have something to look forward to. It’s a nice change but it makes me sad to leave in a couple of months.
What has been challenging this semester:
- I have two professors who have been absolutely terrible. I have never in my college career felt this disrespected. I’m angry because I paid a lot of money for these classes and one of the professors is a jerk and the other isn’t qualified to teach the course!
- Managing my time has been a challenge because I’m trying to balance so many things and I just don’t have the time to do them all! Sometimes when I look at my planner I just want to cry because I still have so much to do.
- Working so much has really stressed me out. As much as I love my job and want the hours, it’s hard to do everything. I have found myself skipping class to get stuff done because I can’t skip work.
Overall, this semester has been a great one and I am trying to cherish the time I have left in college. It’s a hard time but I know that I will never get these four years back. I love my school and the memories that I have made and am currently making at it!
Thanks for reading!