With the dreaded finals week approaching I decided that I would share with you my tips for managing time wisely. Enjoy!
1. Go to bed earlier and wake up earlier. This is one of the hardest things for me to do because I HATE waking up early but sometimes it is necessary. I usually get my best work done late at night but sometimes I just really need to sleep which calls for an early wake up time! Just try to suck it up and get yourself out of bed.
2. Plan out your day the night before. I always look at my planner right before going to bed so I can decide what needs to be done the next day. I like to plan ample time for sleep, relaxing, homework, and family/boyfriend. All of this takes planning, especially because I am also working 30+ hours a week.
3. Schedule time blocks for specific tasks. I like to plan time for each class. For example, Mondays from 11-1 I work on CIS and from 1:30-3 I work on COM. That way I always have time set aside for homework and studying. I add a half an hour break between for eating and playing around on social media.
4. Plan time to eat, sleep, and relax. This goes without saying, don’t stress yourself out. Make sure you have plenty of time set aside to relax!
5. Have a comfy, organized environment. I can’t stand a messy desk because if that’s unorganized I will not be able to focus on anything else. I basically start with a blank table and work from there.
6. Get rid of distractions. Put your phone, iPad, laptop, and whatever else may distract you away and make sure they are on silent until you are done!
7. Use a planner! I cannot stress this enough. Without my planner I would be lost. Get one. Period. (I use the Mead Pretty Please planner!)
I hope these tips help all of you fellow college students! Good luck on your exams! 🙂