I have been on a blogging kick lately. I just feel like I have so much that I want to share with the world for some reason. The topic that has been on the top of my mind this winter has been skincare.
Winter is Michigan can be brutal. It’s super cold and snowy and my skin is soooooooo dry. I also have very sensitive skin so I have to be super careful about what products I am using on my skin. I feel like I have tried a bit of everything and only a few products actually work.
- Trader Joe’s – A Midsummer Night’s Cream. Brett laughs every time he sees a bottle of this lotion, which is a lot because I have three bottles throughout our apartment and another bottle on my desk at work. This has been my favorite lotion for years. It never bothers my sensitive skin (I often get red rashes from lotions). This lotion is unscented, ph balanced, and contains a healthy dose of aloe. It’s not sticky or greasy and keeps my hands moisturized for hours. You also get a huge bottle for a very small price tag.
- CeraVe – Moisturizing Lotion. Brett bought me a bottle of this a few winters ago when I was still working in a restaurant. My hands were always so dry, cracked, and red. This particular lotion from CeraVe is unscented and great for people with sensitive skin!
- Kiehl’s – Ultimate Strength Hand Salve. My mom and sister bought me a bottle of this the week of my wedding as a pre-wedding gift. I used it on my wedding day all over my body and even brought it on the airplane to keep my skin moisturized on the long ride over to London. This lotion has become my favorite and I really need to buy another bottle. It was such a treat to receive this as a gift from my family as they know my insane struggle with my sensitive skin.
- Soap & Glory – The Righteous Butter. This has been one of my favorite lotions since I studied abroad in London in 2015. Soap & Glory was huge in the U.K. and just recently made their appearance in the U.S. I put this lotion on my hands ever night before bed and I wake up with silky smooth hands with zero irritation.
Moisturizers, Serum, Toner
- Mario Badescue – Oil Free Moisturizer. I have been using this moisturizer constantly since 2014 and haven’t been disappointed! It is unscented and has ____ SPF which makes it great to use all year long. Before finding this product I had a really hard time finding a moisturizer that didn’t make my skin break out into a red, itchy mess.
- Yes to Coconut – Ultra Hydrating Facial Souffle Moisturizer. This was a recent Tj Maxx find that I decided to buy after reading a few promising online reviews. I wouldn’t say that this is the best moisturizer for people with sensitive skin because it is scented. However, this is great to us once a week as a pamper moisturizer. It is super hydrating and makes my skin feel brand new.
- The Body Shop – Vitamin E Night Serum. This is hands down my favorite skincare product. It has changed the texture of my skin and has made me feel so much more moisturized. One of my co-workers actually commented on how good my skin looked after a couple of weeks of using this! I put this on every night after I wash my face and wake up with smooth, hydrated, and happy skin.
- Clinque – Clarifying Lotion. I remember back in Middle School my mom bought me my first Clinque Skincare set. Since then I have used the brand on and off but have always loved every product that I have tried. Toner is an important part of my skincare routine and this one from Clinque is the best that I have found for winter. It is gentle, unscented, and great for combination/oily skin. I use this after washing my face twice per day.
- Fizz & Bumble – Lip Scrub. I bought this on a whim at Ulta a couple of weeks before Christmas. My lips were so dry and chapped and I really wanted to find something that would help me get rid of all the pieces of flaking skin. This works wonders to relieve my lips of all the dry, uncomfortable bits and makes my lips feel so soft! Another bonus is that the sugar scrub tastes so good so it doesn’t matter if you get a little in your mouth.
- Kiehl’s – Lip Balm #1. Brett and I received samples of this lip balm on our flight over to London for our Honeymoon. This was only the second Kiehl’s product I had ever used and was blown away by the quality. This is a game changer for dry lips! I use it every single day and apply a healthy amount right before bed. A little goes a long way and the small sample bottle is still going strong. This stuff is a bit pricey but I know I need to force myself to buy the full size bottle!
- Nivea – A Kiss of Moisture. Another must have product for me. This stuff works great and I always have a few tubes laying around. I especially love Nivea because it reminds me of my Easter break adventures in Germany with my study abroad friends!
- Chapstick. My dad works at Pfizer so my family has always used Chapstick. I can pretty much guarantee that there will always be at least one tube in my purse at all times. I am a loyal Chapstick user because it never lets me down. Chapstick is super affordable and works amazing!
- Neutrogena – Hydro Boost Hydrating Tint. I wear very minimal makeup and only wear it during the work week. I like to look like I have put a bit of effort in my appearance but hate the feel of makeup. I honestly feel much better about myself when I’m not wearing makeup which is why I love this stuff so much. It evens out my skin tone and keeps my skin feeling super moisturized.
- Garnier – BB Cream. I love this BB Cream for the same reasons as the Neutrogena Hydrating Tint. This keeps my skin moisturized while evening out my skin tone. It is oil free and contains slicylic acid which is great for people struggling with keeping their skin acne free.
- WATER. Yes, in all capitals because water is that important. I’m not an expert but I know that our bodies are in a large percent made up of water. It is so important to keep our bodies hydrated which will lead to better skin. Go get yourself a 40 ounce water bottle and drink a couple of those per day. Your body will thank you.
- Humidifier. I bought Brett a humidifier for his birthday in November to help with his severe allergies and breathing problems. Not only is it a great fix for these things, it also works amazing for hydrating my skin. I wake up feeling so much mre refreshed.
I hope my suggestions help you find some new skincare favorites! Please let me know your favorite skincare products in the comments below.
As always, thanks so much for reading!
P.S. One of my neighbors walked out while I was taking this pictures outside of our apartment and looked at me like I was crazy. To be fair, it was freezing cold outside.