Brett and I are preparing for our trip to Rome in a couple of weeks. I have been working on creating my packing list and buying any pieces that I still needed before the trip. I thought it would be fun to share what I am bringing on our trip!
I hope this list can help you plan for your next adventure!
- 1 full size suitcase to share with Brett
- 1 carryon suitcase
- 1 small Vera Bradley weekender
- 1 cross body purse
- 1 travel wallet
- 1 foldable reusable bag
- 2 Converters
- iPhone, charger
- iPad, charger
- cameras, memory cards, chargers, cases
- Travel journal
- Copy of hotel reservation and any pre-booked tickets
- Empty water bottle
- Passport, Driver’s License
- Travel Credit Card/Debit Card
- Small amount of currency
- 1 Nikes
- 1 Converse
- 1 Sandals
- 2 sweaters (black, grey)
- 1 foldable rain jacket
- 1 light jacket
- 2 layering tank tops (white, black)
- 2 jeans (black, dark wash)
- 1 shorts (dark wash)
- 3 t-shirts (black, white, grey)
- 1 light weight scarf
- 2 sleep shirts/comfortable t-shirts
- 1 pajama pants
- 1 athletic shorts
- 1 dress
- 3 blouses
- 1 leggings
- 1 swim suit
- 1 belt
- Socks, underwear, bras
- Cheap jewelry
- Travel sized shampoo, conditioner, body wash, face wash, toothpaste
- Toothbrush, floss
- Face wipes, moisturizer, lotion
- Basic makeup (concealer, foundation, mascara)
- Emergency feminine products
- Hair ties
My top tips for packing are to use packing cubes, pick a color scheme, check the weather before leaving, and to pack as light as possible. As you can see, I’m really not bringing a lot with me on this trip. I know that if I forget something I can buy it there. I am packing mostly staple items that I can mix and match to create different outfits.
I usually stay pretty close to my list when it actually comes time to pack but a few extra items still find their way into my suitcase. I also pack for Brett because he ends up bringing everything he owns. It’s hilarious to watch but not fun to drag his stuff through cities. Packing light is key!
This list can be edited for any trip that you are taking! Basic items are the most important because you can really build on your basics. I don’t bring anything expensive or irreplaceable with me either. Pickpockets are present pretty much anywhere you are going so it’s best to not have anything of great value with you.
I have a more in depth packing list that I posted a couple of years ago when I studied abroad in London. Check it out if you need a more detailed list for longer trips!
If you have been to Rome please let me know if there’s anything else you think I will need to bring! I’d love to hear any travel tips too.
Thanks for reading!
Image via Unsplash