2019 is here but I wanted to take a moment to reflect on 2018. I had a conversation with some friends awhile ago about how 2018 had not been that great of a year for me. It was a year of struggling. Struggling with work, pain, and loneliness. Struggling with trying to find myself, accepting who I am, and trying to figure out what healthy means to me.
In this post I am sharing a list of things I did in 2018. It’s easy to look at this list and see only the positive things. I had Brett read it before posting because I wanted to make sure I wasn’t coming off as braggy. Here’s the thing to remember though, I accomplished a lot this year between my personal and professional life but it’s not all rainbows and butterflies. I had a headache or migraine every single day in 2018.
So when you look at this and every other blogger’s 2018 re-cap I urge you to remember that it’s not perfect all the time. I urge you to not compare your list with other’s. Because my list looks perfect but I can assure you that it’s not.
Without further ado here’s my list of what my life consisted of in 2018.
In 2018 I….
- Celebrated 5 years of blogging
- Bought a house
- Adopted Oscar from the animal shelter
- Got promoted
- Crossed Rome off of my travel Bucketlist
- Traveled to Paris for the third time
- Celebrated one year of marriage with Brett
- Surpassed my goal of reading 12 books in a year
- Found a new Neurologist
- Saw John Legend perform a private concert at my work party on the same day as my 25th birthday
- Started a “House Fund” to save for building a new bathroom and re-doing our driveway
- Spent a weekend in Traverse City with friends
- Fell in love with decorating our house
- Celebrated two years at my job
- Helped my parents pick out a new puppy
- Celebrated eight years of kitten motherhood
- Turned 25 and reflected on my 25 before 25 list
- Covered a three month long maternity leave at work
- Started a new medicine that made me insanely sick
- Stopped taking said medicine and started feeling much better
- Lost 10 pounds
- Focused more on self-love and less on the scale
- Struggled with finding work-life balance
- Fell in love with reading again
- Spent more time with family
- Struggled a lot with feeling sad and lonely
- Accepted my introvert tendencies and tried to learn how to work with them instead of against them
- Found a wonderful and supportive group of blogger friends
- Went to countless airshows with Brett
- Traveled around Michigan and other nearby states
- Came to the conclusion that life really is better with a dog
- Started blogging regularly (for the most part!)
Like I mentioned before, it’s easy to look at this list and only see the good. But 2018 was one of the hardest years of my life. I learned valuable lessons and tried to share my life with others in a positive way. I never want to be the person on social media who someone compares their life to.
My 2019 1st Quarter goals will be up soon. I’m going to continue doing quarterly goals instead of yearly goals because I really do think that they work better for me.
What are your goals for 2019? And how do you feel 2018 went for you?
Thanks for reading!