One of my greatest loves in this world is IKEA. You can ask my eighth grade best friend and she’d tell you of my great love story with IKEA. I think my love of home-ware comes from years of playing The Sims. I didn’t care much for playing with the Sims themselves but I did love building and decorating their homes. Was anyone else obsessed with The Sims when they were younger? Or now?
One of my favorite parts of being a homeowner is decorating our house. I love finding my personal style and adding touches of our personalities throughout our home. IKEA has made it easy to furnish our home on a budget. One day when we have more time and money I’m sure we will re-decorate but for now I’m really happy with how our house is turning out.
This past Saturday I had the opportunity of introducing two of our guys friends to the wonders of IKEA. So please picture me with three guys traveling two hours to IKEA to shop for home décor. 3 out of the 4 of us loved IKEA. Brett still hates shopping.
This is probably my smallest IKEA haul ever but my mom, sister, and I were just there a few months ago so I stocked up then. This time I mainly focused on home organization to help me get our house back in order after the holidays. We have a built in floor to ceiling cabinet in our bathroom that was in desperate need of re-organizing.
What I Bought
- FEJKA artificial plant – This was in the 75% off winter clearance section and was a last minute purchase. I had seen it throughout the store but wasn’t quite sure if I needed it. Our bedroom has pops of purple throughout so I think this will look really good on a nightstand or dresser. Plus it will look good all winter, not just Christmas.
- DRÖNA box – I bought two of these for the shelves in my closet. They work great for storing t-shirts, pajamas, swimsuits, etc. We also have one of these boxes in our basement for video games, in our dining room for dog and cat necessities, and another one for out of season decor.
- SKUBB box set of 6 – These are my absolute favorite IKEA product and this trip they were on sale for only $1.99! I bought two sets and have already used them in the drawers in our bathroom to store makeup, nail polish, hair products, and various other bathroom products. I have at least 4 other sets of these boxes organizing our dressers, pantry, and closets.
- SKUBB storage case – We don’t have a traditional linen closet so we have been storing our extra bedding in our upstairs bedroom’s closet. I bought two of these storage cases to use under the bed in our master bedroom to store our extra bedding and Brett’s out of season clothing. I’ve already set one up and I’m loving it so far!
- DOKUMENT letter tray – I bought this in white on sale for $5.99 to organize our bills and other important papers on our desk. I wanted something simple to organize our mail into since I HATE paper.
- GREJIG shoe rack – I saw this in the closet section and knew that it would be perfect to organize bathroom products. I set it up on Sunday and it works perfectly to make everything more accessible in our bathroom cabinet.
- KOPPLA 6 way adapter plug – I always like to have an extra one of these on hand because you never know when you’ll need it. We have very few outlets in our 1941 house so we have to be creative with how we use them.
- LURVIG pet waste bags – I buy a package of these every time we go to IKEA. I attach the below bag container to Oscar’s leash for walks and all of our other adventures together.
- LURVIG pet waste bag dispenser – I already have one of these on Oscar’s leash to store the pet waste bags but it’s starting to tear so I wanted to have a backup for when it does.
- UPPHETTA french press – I don’t drink coffee but Brett does and he’s wanted a french press for awhile. I highly doubt he will use this on a daily basis but it will be nice for lazy Sunday brunches when we have extra time to enjoy our morning.
- HEAT trivet – I think this is the third pack of these that we’ve bought in the past few years. I love these to protect our counters and dining room table from hot dishes of food. We’ve entertained a lot since buying our house so it’s nice to have a stash of these for dinner parties.
Like I said before, this is our smallest IKEA haul to date but we got several great items to help organize and simplify our home. Let me know if you have any tips for keeping your house organized! I’m currently reading Marie Kondo’s Life-changing Magic of Tidying Up and am hoping to put some of her tips into use.
Have you been to IKEA? What’s your favorite IKEA product?
Thanks for reading!
6 thoughts on “IKEA Haul – January 2019”
This is a dangerous post for me to read LOL! I love IKEA too! I have this giant wishlist on their website that I have used to basically create my dream rooms hahaha. It’s like the affordable Container Store. Anywho, I love this idea of sharing your hauls and I now I feel like I need to put clothes on and go to IKEA and buy a bunch of stuff…. I do have a nursery to put together 😉
Yes!! IKEA would be the perfect place to get stuff for a nursery 😉 I think you are on to something lol
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hahaha I am currently obsessed with the Sims, I always hate decorating and furnishing the houses though. We are opposites on that one. 😛 I do love IKEA though and everything you picked out!
That’s so funny! We would make the perfect Sims pair then. 🙂 Thank you!
LikeLiked by 1 person
My husband would turn our entire house into a library if he was let loose in the shelving section. We live too far away from an IKEA tho. Nice article thank you.
Thank you! I love IKEA and love the idea of having a home library!!
LikeLiked by 1 person