In 2018 I fell back in love with reading. I learned to read at an early age and always had a book with me when I was growing up. As I got older my love for reading always remained but the free-time I had to read dwindled. In 2018 I wanted to read more and find the joy of a good book again. Going into 2019 I want to continue this exploration of books and my love for reading.
What does this mean for the blog?
Hopefully it means more reading lists and book reviews. The amazing thing about reading is that it reminds me how much I love to write. Reading inspires writing which inspires blogging. Therefore, more reading equals more blogging!
To start off 2019 I will be sharing a list of books that I am hoping to read this year. If I don’t like a book I have a very hard time convincing myself to continue reading it. I’ve read reviews for all of the below books and I’m really hoping that I like them! By the way, this list is in no particular order.
- Dash & Lily’s Book of Dares – Rachel Coon and David Levithan
- 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don’t Do – Amy Morin
- People Like Us – Dana Mele
- Meet Cute – Various YA Authors
- Becoming – Michelle Obama
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck – Mark Manson
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up – Marie Kondo
- Holding Up The Universe – Jennifer Niven
- One Day In December – Josie Silver
- The Yellow Envelope – Kim Dinan
- The Librarian of Auschwitz – Antonio Iturbe
- The 5 Love Languages – Gary Chapman
If I find other books I will be adding them to my list. I have a huge stack of books on my nightstand right now and I tend to just grab whatever sounds good and start reading it. Brett knows that if he needs to buy me a gift for any reason he should go straight to my Amazon wishlist and buy any of the books that I have on there.
Please let me know if you have any other book recommendations! I go through books pretty quickly especially in the summer and winter months so I always appreciate a good recommendation.
Have you read any amazing books lately? Or are there any books that you are dying to read this year?
Thanks for reading!