Happy Monday! Monday is the perfect day of the week to share my goals for the first quarter of the year.
I’ve explained my reasoning for setting quarterly goals instead of New Years Resolutions a few times. I started setting quarterly goals in 2018 and actually found myself checking off my goals instead of just setting them and forgetting about them. I’ve been so productive the past couple of years due to setting these goals! I pick a few important things, focus on them for 3 months, and end up making a big impact on my life.
With that said, here are my first quarter goals for 2020!
- Take better care of myself. I’ve been doing better at relaxing lately but I need to focus on keeping my stress levels down and actually taking care of myself. This means making a hair appointment, hanging out with friends, and doing things that I love doing. I’m looking forward to learning how to prioritize my “me” time.
- Spend less time on my phone. I finally got a new iPhone and I have the screen time monitoring turned on. Every time I get my screen time report I’m surprised at how much time per day I am on my phone. There are so many things I would rather do instead of playing on my phone.
- Listen to more podcasts. I listen to music at work all day to help me focus. For the past couple of weeks I’ve been listening to podcasts instead of music and I’ve been loving it! I feel like I’m learning things instead of just listening to the same songs over and over again. Let me know if you have any podcast recommendations!
- Focus on learning and growing at work. I have a ton of new learning opportunities at work this year. I’ve been at my job for 3 years and I’ve learned a lot in that time. However, there’s still so much that I can learn. I’ll be taking a couple of classes this year and will start working towards a certification.
- Finish 3 months of Keto. I’ve done Keto 2 other times and I’ve really enjoyed it! My original neurologist was the first person to recommend it to me because it’s good for my brain to limit carbs and sugar. I’ve found that I have less migraines if I monitor my food.
- Spend more time tidying and less time cleaning. I usually spend most of my weekend cleaning, doing laundry, grocery shopping, and meal prepping. This year I’d like to tidy more during the week so that I can enjoy my weekend instead of spending it cleaning.
- Schedule all of my annual health appointments. Am I the only one who hates making phone calls?! I need to schedule my semi-annual dentist appointment, annual eye doctor appointment, and annual physical with my doctor. I love going to the dentist but I’m anxious about the eye doctor because I know I’ll need glasses and I really don’t want them.
In 2019 I created a word of the year for myself for the first time. My word was confidence and I kept this word in my head all year. I focused on being confident at work and learning to love myself despite my awkwardness.
My word of the year for 2020 is intentional. I want to be more intentional with my words, actions, and thoughts. I want to be intentional with how I spend my time and focus my energy. I want to be intentional with my hopes, dreams, and actions. I’m looking forward to seeing what the year brings!
Do you set News Years Resolutions? What are your goals for the year?
Photo by Pigoff PhotographY on Unsplash
7 thoughts on “2020: First Quarter Goals”
YES! Love this inspiring, motivating and awesome post! Go Queen! ❤️❤️❤️ I love the idea of setting quarterly goals, that’s great! And also, I love the word of the year idea too!! Love love love that!! ‘Intentional’ is a great word and a great thing to focus on! Love it! I think my word for this year would be ‘happy!! Choosing happiness, and the things that will lead me to my ultimate happiness!! Also for podcasts I would 100% recommend Isabel Palacios- she is brilliant! Have a great year, and first quarter beauty!! You’ll be amazing!
Thanks, friend!! 🙂 Quarterly goals are my absolute favorite now. Happy is a perfect word of the year. I think we could all use a bit more happiness. I will plan on listening to Isabel Palacios tomorrow at work! I hope you have a great year too and can’t wait to see all that you accomplish and share with us!
I love reading your goals, friend, and the progress you make each quarter! Proud of you! And wow! I also picked “intentional” as my word for this year so I was totally excited to read that you did too! Look forward to seeing how intentionality plays out in your journey this year! 🙂
Thank you! I’m so proud of you too! I think it’s great that we picked the same word this year so we can encourage each other to keep it in mind all year long. 2020 is looking like it’ll be a great year and I hope that we have the chance to spend a lot of it together! ❤
LikeLiked by 1 person