It’s finally Friday!
It has been such a long time since my last blog post and I have a million reasons why I haven’t been on here since. Today is my first day working 80% from home due to the Corona virus. I’ve mentioned before that I work in finance so you can imagine how scary and challenging the past couple of weeks have been as we have all watched the stock market tank.
I will still be going into work every day for about an hour and a half. Only a few other people will be there including security and our executive leaders. I am considered an essential role and there are a few responsibilities that I’m unable to do at home. I will complete those responsibilities in the office and work from home the rest of the day.
I’m sure we all have a lot on our minds so here’s five random things to lighten your Friday.
- My sister got married on March 7th in Maine! My family was able to fly out and be with her for 6 days to celebrate her wedding. It was a small gathering on the Naval base and I was honored to stand next to her as her Matron of Honor. I’ll share pictures soon!
- I got my Spring 2020 FabFitFun box and it was full of some really great products. I am became a FFF member as a birthday gift to myself and I have loved all of the boxes so far! My favorite product in this box was the packing cubes! I already used them for my trip to Maine.
- I fell off of the Keto wagon a bit during our trip for the wedding. I did really good up until the last day when I really just wanted some fish and chips and ice cream. I’m trying to get back on track but I’m still having lingering sugar cravings and headaches.
- Is anyone else looking forward to a chill weekend at home? We are always busy so it will be nice to just spend some time with Brett.
- I read an amazing book this week called How to Stop Time by Matt Haig. I haven’t been super into reading lately but this book was addicting. It’s about a man who has a condition were he ages very slowly. The concept isn’t new but this book takes your through what was going on in history during his life. It was very interesting!
How are you feeling with this pandemic? Do you have any plans this weekend while you are social distancing?
Photo by Nathan Fertig on Unsplash
One thought on “Five on Friday #17”
Nice that you were able to attend the wedding and it was able to go ahead before any restrictions kicked in. I work in a library and mine is currently still open but a few others around the country have shut. Everything changes on a day to day basis it’s hard to know what will happen but when I’m not at work I don’t intend to go anywhere unless necessary.