I shared my spring cleaning list for 2019 and really enjoyed having it to reference this year. 2020 is a bit different since I’ve been home basically 24/7 for the past 2 months so my house has been a bit more organized than it normally is. I still have some deep cleaning and organizing to do though!
It’s been raining pretty much non-stop in Michigan which means our water table is super high. We have a partially finished basement and have never really had any issues with flooding. This week, however, we started to get a puddle of water on the finished side of our basement. It’s leaking up through the cement and into the carpet. There’s not a ton we can do about the situation other than to try and keep it dry. We will most likely need new carpet though! I will just have to live with the fact that my basement won’t be clean and tidy this spring.
Here is my 2020 spring cleaning list. Let me know what’s on your list to tackle this year!
- Move furniture and clean the floors
- Clean and organize the fridge and freezer (house and garage)
- Dust the blinds and wash the curtains
- Organize the basement “pantry”
- Deep clean the laundry room
- Clean out and re-organize the storage room
- Dust the shelves in the dining room and re-decorate
- Mount the TV in the living room and clean out the TV stand
- Take out winter clothes from our closets and add in spring clothes
- Deep clean the mudroom and put away winter boots and shoes
- Finish painting the rest of the furniture
- Clean out dressers and donate/sell clothes
- Power-wash the outdoor furniture and patio areas
- Dust the walls and ceilings
It’s Memorial Day on Monday which means we have a 3 day weekend! I’m hoping to cross off a few of the items on my list this weekend since we can’t go to the lake like we usually do for Memorial Day.
What are your plans for the weekend?
Photo by Kelly Sikkema on Unsplash
2 thoughts on “2020 Spring Cleaning List”
The hand sanitizer spray is interesting… I don’t have that but I use all of the other supplies in your photo. We have a huge bottle of hand sanitizer as well.
How do you like living in Michigan (minus the flooding)? Have you always lived there or did you move there? My husband keeps talking about wanting to move there to be closer to family. Our families live in southern Ontario, Canada, but it’s too expensive to live in Ontario. Housing is much more affordable in the US. It sucks that you are dealing with flooding and water damage.
I cleaned my fridge a few weeks ago and was horrifiedddddd by how dirty it was – I don’t think I’ll ever get used to the upkeep of having my own place and keeping everything clean at once!