Holy cow! Q2 flew by so fast. I can’t believe we are over halfway done with 2020. I think we can all agree that 2020 has been a total shit show. Second quarter was not my favorite and I’m glad it’s over. In fact, I’m ready for 2020 to be over completely.
Here’s a quick recap of my goals for Q2. So many things happened and I don’t feel like I accomplished much looking back. But I’m giving myself grace and I know that everything is a challenge right now so I will try to not be so hard on myself.
- Finish some house projects. Brett and I aren’t great at doing house projects. I always have big plans and this was the perfect time to get stuff done but we didn’t get a ton of things checked off of our to do list.
- Learn 2 new recipes. I cooked a lot this quarter and even started my own garden! I am growing tons of herbs so I’ve been using those for recipes. I even perfected guacamole which is my favorite. I was able to learn more than 2 new recipes so I’m counting this as a win.
- Read 3 books and write reviews. I read more then 3 books but only wrote 1 review. I mostly read the textbook for the class I’m taking in July and didn’t have a ton of time for leisure reading. I did start reading the Harry Potter series again though!
- Stay home and stay safe. Staying home was really easy for me. 100% on this one.
- Spend at least 30 minutes outside everyday. Yes! I’m so glad I set this goal for myself. I spent a ton of time outside gardening, playing badminton, and walking the dog. Spending time outside was especially helpful for my mental health.
Even though Q2 was rough and the beginning of Q3 has been even harder I still want to be optimistic.
How has your year been so far? Are you finding it hard to accomplish your goals too?
5 thoughts on “2020: Second Quarter Goals Recap”
Sending so much love hun. The goal to spend 30 mins a day outside is so perfect, I may have to copy you on this one 😉 because being outside is so important. Going to actually do this from now on haha and I’m happy you accomplished it and found it beneficial for you ❤ also yay for learning more than two new recipes, that's so exciting. and hurray for restarting the Harry Potter books, that's going to add some magic to your life for sure ❤
Thank you! Being outside is so important and I feel much better when I ‘m outside. Harry Potter always adds extra magic to my life. I’m grateful I’m able to escape for a little while. Hope you are doing well! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yes 100%. It makes such a difference! Omg for real, which HP is your favourite? Thanks beauty!
My favorite has always been Half Blood Prince. I don’t know why but I read it over and over when it first came out and still love it. What about you?