Every time when I go to write a new set of quarterly goals I am blown away by how fast time goes by. It’s already the third quarter of 2020 and I feel like the year just started. This year has not gone at all the way I pictured. 2020 started with a huge transition at work, then a global pandemic, and now another transition at work. All in all, not my favorite year.
One thing hasn’t changed though. I still love writing my quarterly goals. So without further ado, here are my goals for the third quarter of 2020.
- Monthly date night. As things start to open back up and return to “normal” I want to continue to prioritize time with Brett. Having a weekly date night has been great but I’m not sure if that’s as feasible with our normal schedules. Making the time at least once a month to have a date night will make our relationship so much stronger.
- Spend at least 30 minutes outside per day. I know this was a goal last quarter but I loved it! With the weather still being nice I want to make sure that I continue spending time outside. This has been really good for my mental health.
- Start meal planning again. Staying at home all the time has it’s perks but I have basically stopped meal planning. I’m able to grab what I want whenever I want since I don’t have to worry about packing a lunch for work. I want to start being more intentional with what I’m eating.
- Find a new outlet for my anxiety. I’ve had anxiety for a long time and I’m always looking for new ways to channel my anxiety. I’ve been feeling really anxious for the past couple of weeks and I know I need to find an outlet for this anxiety.
- Write down some professional goals. I feel like I talk about work a lot which is probably because I spend so much time working these days. My career is at a weird point where I’m pretty senior in my department and I have some new opportunities. I want to spend some time thinking about what my short-term and long-term career goals are and what I need to do to accomplish them.
Here’s to hoping that Q3 of 2020 is the best one yet!
Do you have any quarterly goals?
Photo by Gabrielle Henderson on Unsplash
4 thoughts on “2020: Third Quarter Goals”
A monthly date night sounds so good – my boyfriend and I have talked about that before and we want to do a monthly proper nice date night when we move in together as currently we are in an LDR 😊 lovely post!
🌿 Marissa Belle × marsybun.com 🌿
Q3 will definitely be the best quarter yet my love, claiming it for us all now hehe. YOU GOT THIS.
Have you tried affirmations, meditations and journaling for your anxiety? I bet your 30 mins of walking a day definitely helps for sure. Also, letting go and having a little dance feels soo good too!
I love the goal of walking for 30 mins a day too, that’s something you’ve totally inspired me to focus on and yes to date night once a month. So excited for you and the lovely time you’ll be spending with Brett.
Lots of love Hayley you are going to have the best few months ever ❤