Wow! July really flew by! I guess it’s time for another Favorites post….
1. Lilac Nail Polish: My go to nail polish this past month was Sally Hansen’s Violet Voltage. The first time I used it I wore it as is but for the second time I added an accent nail using Sally Hansen’s Disco Ball. I absolutely love the color lilac and it is the perfect color for summer! Disco Ball works well to add a bit of sparkle to any color polish and I find myself using it all of the time! Sally Hansen is my favorite nail polish brand because they are super affordable, opaque, and they come in so many different colors!
Disco Ball and Violet Voltage
2. John Frida Leave in Conditioner: At the beginning of July I decided that I had to do something about my crazy dry hair. I considered buying It’s a Ten but the $17 dollar price tag didn’t seem worth it. I stumbled upon John Frieda Frizz Ease Daily Nourishment Leave-in Conditioner one day at Ulta. I have used It’s a Ten Leave-in Conditioner many times so I can safely say that Frizz Ease is a great dupe! I got one bottle for $5.99! Ulta was having a BOGO 50% off sale for I grabbed two and I will never ever go back to It’s a Ten!
3. Victoria’s Secret Smoothing Body Scrub: For me, summer means shaving. Therefore, I always use a body scrub to achieve a nice, close shave. The one I used all of July was Victoria’s Secret Smoothing Body Scrub in At First Sight. The scent is a little strong but other than that I love this product!
4. Maybelline’s The Falsies Volum’ Express: I bought this mascara because I was looking for waterproof mascara that I could wear all day without clumping. I really like this mascara because it has a curved wand that follows the shape of your eye. I love wands like this because it allows you to get closer to the roots of your lashes. I got this in Brownish Black which I really love because it isn’t as harsh as straight black mascara. Overall, this mascara is now my all-time favorite!
5. Mary Kay’s Cream Eye Color: I previously reviewed this product in my Mary Kay Glam Voxbox post. I received this eye shadow from Influenster to try and review. This has become my go-to eye color because it is a soft, blend able cream that sits on my eyelids without creasing. The shade that I own is Apricot Twist which is a bronzy color. I wore this almost every day in July because I love it so much!
6. Formula 10.0.6 So Totally Clean Pore Cleanser: I have had problems with my skin for as long as I can remember. I have tried a million different products, medications, and treatments but nothing seems to work. I have had some luck with Formula 10.0.6 mud masks so I decided to try the Clear Skin Starts Here kit. The whole set is only $9.99 at Ulta which is super affordable. I have had pretty good luck with it so far but will continue to test it before giving the full review. I can say that I am in love with the So Totally Clean Deep Pore Cleanser!! It is basically a toner with salicylic acid which helps fight breakouts! I use it after washing my face and it gets rid of anything that was left behind!
7. Jewelry Organization: I am doing a complete room re-organization before school starts in the fall. The first thing on my list was my vanity/dresser. I knew I needed some sort of organization for my bracelet collection. I was able to find four dishes in similar blue and green patterns for $7 at TJ Maxx! They are so cute!!
8. My Neurologist: I have mentioned this before but I suffer from severe headaches/migraines. Some doctors use the term chronic migraines. Basically, I have a headache every single day and have at least one migraine day a week. It’s terrible and makes it really hard for me to do normal activities. I have been working with a Neurologist for almost a year trying to figure everything out. Last week, I had a CT scan of my blood vessels and brain tissue so hopefully that will provide some additional answers. I am so lucky that my insurance lets me see a specialist because I don’t know what I would do without it! I just started a new pain treatment with includes an additional preventative medication. I can already feel a difference in my pain levels! I am just really thankful for my doctor and my parents for standing by me and helping me through this.
July was perfect and I am looking forward to what August has in store for me! Thank you all for reading!