On October 26th I celebrated my twenty first birthday. If you’ve been reading for the past year or so you will know that I started this blog to capture the short decade of my twenties. Turning twenty freaked me out, but I can honestly say that I have never been happier.
Turning twenty forced me to really dig deep and figure out what I wanted to do with my life. I didn’t focus on what I want to be when I grow up; I just tried to figure out what kind of experiences I would like to have. I really pushed myself out of my comfort zone and decided to follow my dreams.
In the past year I have grown as a person and have figured out how to be comfortable with who I am. I know where I’m going and I am so excited for the journey that is ahead of me.
Here are some of my favorite things that have happened over the past year:
- I watched my mom graduate with her Master’s degree. I am still so proud of her!
- I finally decided to follow my dream and study abroad at Regent’s University, London. I applied and got accepted into my dream University. Now I am looking forward to moving to London in January!
- My family adopted Megan! I am so happy to have a dog again!
- I traveled to Arizona to visit my grandparents and Florida to visit Brett’s grandparents.
- I went on my very first hot air balloon ride. It was something I never thought I would be able to do because I am so scared of heights but I am thrilled that I took the chance and went. It was so breath taking.
- I finally found a great group of friends. One of my main goals last year was to become a less boring person. I have no problem spending quiet nights at home but I really wanted to meet some “college” friends. I now have a great group of friends from work. We play trivia every Wednesday night and just have a great time together.
- I have fallen even more in love with Brett. We celebrated three years together in August! I am thankful for the life that we have built together and look forward to all of the adventures that are waiting for us. He’s so supportive of my dreams and believes in me always.
This past year has pushed me and molded me into a better person. I am grateful for all of the obstacles that I have overcome that have made me stronger and wiser. Twenty one is looking good so far! I can’t wait to see how I grow over the next year and am looking forward to seeing where my dreams take me!
Thanks for reading!