This will be my third year writing this type of post but this time feels so much different. 2020 can be accurately descripted as a dumpster fire and it’s much easier to find the ugly moments instead of the good moments. I’m going to attempt to document a variety of 2020 memories in this post.
As always, this isn’t a post to brag about my life or to show off. This is simply something that I enjoy writing to look back on in future years. I love looking back on 2018 and 2019.
In 2020 I…..
- Traveled to New Hampshire to be my sister’s Matron of Honor for her wedding
- Switched roles at work in February and cried a lot over it
- Packed up all my stuff and started working from home in March
- Started a job search and am still undecided about what I want to do
- Saved money to start a new house project in 2021
- Weaned off of my migraine medication to *hopefully* prepare to have a baby in the future
- Broke my rebound headache cycle which I never could have done if I hadn’t been working from home. This is by far my most proud accomplishment of 2020 because I was so sick and I didn’t give up.
- Flew to New Hampshire in July to drive back to Michigan with my sister for a few weeks. I enjoyed so much quality sister time.
- Celebrated 3 years of marriage and 9 total years with Brett in August.
- Found out that my sister was pregnant in September! Looking forward to adding another niece or nephew to the cousin crew in May 2021.
- Spent more quality time with Brett than I have in years. Our monthly date nights are a 2020 highlight.
- Started training two new hires in August on the role that I really don’t enjoy doing. Training has been slow moving since we are doing it virtually and it has been very hard on me. I’ve been working 50+ hours per week trying to keep up.
- Took a break from blogging because I was overwhelmed with life.
- Completed year 1 of a 3 year certification course for work.
- Spent a lot of social distanced time with at my Grandparent’s lake house
- Turned 27 in quarantine
- Celebrated 7 years of blogging in November
- Finally got promoted in December
- Worked from home for 9 months and can’t imagine going back to the office full time ever again.
2020 was challenging in many different ways. My biggest challenge this year in my personal life was going from loving my job to hating it. Because work has been so hard I’ve struggled with everything else since I am so unmotivated. I don’t have an answer or solution for this yet so I will just keep chugging along.
I’m looking forward to the new year. I’m looking forward to a fresh start and hopefully leaving all of these negative feelings behind me.
What will you remember about 2020?
Photo by Annie Spratt on Unsplash