Happy Friday!! I am so ready for this weekend! This past week has been a bit of a struggle for me. I’ve been fighting a losing battle with a headache that wants to turn into a migraine. This weekend I plan on getting some much needed sleep!
- I’m going into this weekend with no real plans. Maybe I’ll clean the house and go grocery shopping? But I don’t really have anything else lined up to do which is the best feeling!
- I’ve been reading a couple chapters every night from Top Ten by Katie Cotugno. I loved reading 99 Days over the summer so I was excited to read another book by her! So far I don’t love it as much as I loved 99 Days but I do think it’s really cute and fluffy.
- Speaking of high school, we cleaned out my parent’s basement last weekend and now I am the proud owner of two boxes full of high school memories. High School Hayley was really annoying and I’m happy to have left her in the past.
- One year ago we were moving into our first house! It’s crazy how fast time has gone! I never thought I’d find somewhere that made me feel more at home than my parent’s house where I grew up. But the moment I walked into our house I felt relaxed and knew that we were meant to be there. One year later and I am still so in love with our cozy cape cod!
- I’ve been thinking about work-life balance this past week. I was talking to my group of study abroad friends about how much vacation time is standard in their countries. My workplace is pretty flexible when it comes to time off, working from home, and sick days but I still feel pressure to work as much as possible. The thought of being able to take a two week vacation seems crazy to me now! Honestly, I have had so many thoughts running through my head this past week that I need to figure out how to sort through.
How was your week? Do you have any plans this weekend?
4 thoughts on “Five on Friday #7”
Going into the weekend without any set plans is honestly the best feeling, especially after such a busy work week! I hope you have a fantastic one. I have “plans” of reading and lazing around haha.
Those are the best kind of “plans”! I’m hoping to finish a whole book this weekend. So nice! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hayley, I both love and hate finding old high school memories. I like seeing how I’ve grown, but sometimes, the old me is better off left in the past.
I agree! I always want to remember high school Hayley so that I can be proud of how far I have come. But I’m glad that I was able to shed some of the stuff that was holding me back from moving on.
LikeLiked by 1 person