It’s still so hard to believe that 2019 is over. 2019 was the first full year that I created and recapped quarterly goals even though I started doing them in 2018. I’m really proud to have a full year of quarterly goals and to be able to track how I did with them.
Setting quarterly goals is something that I really love to do! I find myself reflecting on the list and actually checking items off. I set quarterly goals now instead of creating the typical “New Years Resolutions”.
Here’s a quick recap of my fourth quarter goals to see how I did.
- Treat myself for my golden birthday. I love celebrating my birthday and I was planning on buying myself a new laptop for a gift. However, I also like to save money so we pay our car insurance semi-annually and it was due at the same time as my birthday. So I guess I bought myself 6 months of car insurance as a birthday gift! It’s hard being an adult!
- Try not to over-indulge during the holiday season. I’m pretty proud of how I handled food and the holidays this year. I was able to enjoy myself but I never felt out of control. I started Keto again on January 2nd so I feel back in control and SO much better.
- Buy new pajamas. I really want to pair down the items that I own so I didn’t go crazy with pajamas. I bought a couple of comfy jogger style pants and some crew necks that can double as both pajamas and lounge-ware. I went through my pajama collection and got rid of most of it and am feeling really good.
- Fight my migraines once and for all. Sometimes I’m not even sure why I bother with setting goals about my migraines. Fourth quarter was tough with the changing weather, food, and typical year-end stress. I felt really good after my Neurologist upped my medication dose but I had some really tough migraine days. I see my Neurologist later today so I’m hoping he can up the dose one more time which could help now that I’m back doing Keto.
- Schedule some days off! I’m super proud to say that I was able to use a couple of my leftover vacation days to go visit my sister in New Hampshire and to have a day off completely to myself where I watched Atypical on Netflix, wrapped Christmas presents, and just relaxed. I could use another day off again soon!
- Be more productive during the week. Done! I’ve been super productive both during the weeks and the weekends. I’m feeling motivated to clean, organize, meal plan, and meal prep. I hope that the motivation continues for the rest of 2020 too!
How did your 2019 goals go? Were you able to cross everything off of your list?